Andrew, Amrita, Jane and The Rite Journey team offer a variety of presentations and programs for schools, the parent community, families and corporate bodies.
1. The Rite Journey - our ‘flagship’ year-long program in which staff are trained to facilitate the year long journey.
2. The Rite Way – A 10 session program (term length) - which draws on the outcomes and themes of our extremely successful year long Rite Journey program. This program can be delivered in one of two ways…either with the staff from an individual school or youth service facilitating the program (having attended our two day training)…or with one of our specialist staff members coming on site and facilitating the program.
3. The Rite Way Day Program - in which an entire year level can be catered for…and provided with a meaningful day of personal development, challenge and fun delivered by our trained Rite Way Facilitators. Programs are available for both boys and girls from Year 6 upwards.
“All is buzzing here with the memories of that wonderful presentation two weeks ago, Andrew. You made an impact and touched lives. There is much discussion about the possibilities for next year.” Greg Hay, principal, St Mark’s College.
Other than The Rite Journey school program and its associated implementation program for staff we also offer staff professional development sessions/days which can range from one hour to a whole day.
‘New rules of engagement – connecting with today’s students’ – With the core focus of most schools being on traditional academic learning, Andrew draws on the success of The Rite Journey methodologies to help teachers find new ways of engaging students in their classes. This PD day gives teachers a practical experience of ways in which we can actually connect with our students and take their learning to a deeper level.
‘Connecting with adolescent boys’- Andrew has successfully been meeting adolescent boys’ needs in schools for 20 years. He can not only share the theory behind boys’ behaviours but also provide a whole host of practical responses that teachers can take up.
‘A schooling in manhood’- Our western culture has lost a number of powerful tools for transforming boys into good, strong men. Andrew has discovered over his 20 years of teaching that there are a number of essential experiences and learnings that a school can provide to make a positive difference to their boys’ transition into a respectful, responsible and resilient beginning manhood, the results of which can ultimately transform school culture.
“We’ve had 42 responses from our online survey regarding your presentation ‘A schooling in manhood’ at our ‘What’s happening to our boys?’ teacher seminar and your average rating was 8.9/10. To give you a benchmark, Steve Biddulph rated 9.1! Very close. 48% rated your session 10/10. Thank you so much for your contribution to the event, the attendees clearly got a lot out of it.” – Booked Out Speakers Agency
‘Connecting with adolescent girls’- Amrita and Jane have worked with adolescent girls over many years and are able to provide a deep understanding of what 21st Century adolescent girls are facing and how we might deal with this in our schools.
‘Rites of passage in schools’- Having worked with rites of passage over many years we are able to draw on a myriad of experiences to share with schools a host of options as to how to best go about celebrating and honouring their students’ transition points.
‘Connecting with the Gen Y/Z Student’- How do we meet the students on the cusp of Gen Y and Z? This workshop explores the characteristics of these students and what we, as teachers, can best do to connect with and offer learning relevant learning experiences for these students in our schools.
Feedback from Andrew’s teacher PD presentations:
- Andrew was an amazing speaker, best workshop ever.
- The session by Andrew was excellent.
- Workshop with Andrew was excellent.
- Great day, Andrew was simply brilliant, loved what he had to offer and a great presenter.
- Andrew’s workshop was fantastic- a great initiative from the South Australian’s.
- Andrew Lines’ presentation was very informative.
- Thoroughly enjoyed both workshops – Could have listened to Andrew for a double session.
- Andrew Lines – fantastic, very inspirational, food for thought!!
Andrew is also available to consult with schools who wish to devise their own program/Rite of Passage experience for their students.
For dads and male mentors:
‘Being better for our boys’- this weekend program is a transformational process for men who wish to explore their own selves as a way of developing into a better father for their son, or mentor to the boys in their community. It’s success lies in providing activities, conversation and ceremony to deepen men’s understanding of their own boyhood and manhood…as well as an honouring process. The weekend also helps men create a process for taking the boy/s in their life through a rite of passage. The program is hosted by Rite Journey Facilitators and can be run in any state with a minimum of 8 men.
Our offerings for the parent community include:
Seminars (packaged as 1 – 2 hour workshops):
Topics include ‘Rites of passage, ceremony and celebration in family life’, ‘Parenting teens’, ‘Teens and sexuality’, ‘Fathering daughters’ and ‘Raising boys in the 21st century’
“As parents of an adolescent boy we welcomed Andrew’s honest, frank and informative session on raising boys in the 21st Century. We sat as a group of parents sharing our stories of joy, despair and admiration of our sons. Under Andrew’s exceptional guidance, passion and knowledge we were able to openly discuss subjects that included sexuality, physical growth, boundaries and the effects of media and technology that influence our sons’ lives. Andrew has given me useful ideas and suggestions that I am sure will be invaluable in guiding my son through this period of his life.”
Parent and Child Experiences (from 1/2 day to 2 days in length)
These experiences can be custom-designed for groups. The minimum number of parent/carer and child pairs required is 8.
- Father and Son Forest Challenge (9 – 12 year old)
- Father and son day (13-16 year old)
- Mother and Daughters (9-12 year old)
- Mother and Daughters (13 – 16 year old)
We offer a varied and challenging corporate program which can run from a half day through to a 3 day experience (complete with the solo if wanting a real challenge). It again follows similar processes to the school staff program and incorporates physical, social, emotional and spiritual support, development and challenge.
The corporate Day/s explore the 4 themes relationship with self, relationship with others, relationship with Spirit and relationship with the world as a way of enriching employee connections in those 4 areas. The program can also involve some ‘rite of passage’ elements if required.