The Rite Journey has been created to be adaptable regarding its implementation in schools. Most schools place the program within the year 9 curriculum (Australian) and provide up to 150 minutes of curriculum time per week. However, it is possible to provide the program with less time or over a more intensive period (e.g.10 weeks).
The training for implementing The Rite Journey in schools typically takes place over two days.
- The Rite Journey Framework
- What is a rite of passage?
- The rationale for creating a rite of passage.
- Why is this best done in a school setting? How is this done in a school?
- The role of the teacher-guides.
- Principles of The Rite Journey
- The 7 elements of The Rite Journey.
- The role of ceremony and celebration.
- Creating the ceremonies for your school
- The Rite Journey Curriculum
- Curriculum Content – exploring the student guidebook and the year’s work
- Evaluation Process
- What happens after Yr 9?
- Possible issues
- Resources & reading